How to Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid in Five Easy Steps With Our Financial Aid Checklist
Meet with a Keller Student Finance Professional
Schedule an appointment with a Student Finance professional at the campus you will be attending. Online students can call 877-496-9050 to speak with a DeVry Online Student Services Finance professional. We're here to help you make sense of the application process and secure the financial assistance needed to finance your graduate education.
Review the sections below to see if you are eligible to qualify for graduate federal financial assistance.
To qualify for federal financial assistance, you must:
- Enroll as a degree-seeking student
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Not be in default on a federal educational loan
- Not owe an overpayment on a federal educational grant or loan
- Register with Selective Service (if you are a male born on or after January 1, 1960, over 18 years of age and not currently in the armed forces)
Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for your Federal Student Aid PIN
Gather financial documents needed to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Social Security Number and Driver's License (or state ID)
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, documentation of your eligible noncitizen status
2013 Income and Tax Information
- You and your spouse (if married) can access 2013 IRS tax return information to complete your 2014-2015 FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. If you are eligible, we highly recommend using the tool for several reasons. 1) It is the easiest way to provide your tax data. 2) It is the best way of ensuring that your FAFSA has accurate tax information. 3) You won't need to provide a copy of your tax transcript if you are selected for verification.
- If you are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, you will need 2013 tax information to complete your 2014-2015 FAFSA. Please use the following as a guide to gather your documents:
- Your 2013 federal income tax return (and your spouse's, if married)
- W-2 forms or other records of income earned
- Records of other untaxed income received, such as welfare benefits, Social Security, military or clergy allowances
- Current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds and other investments
- Business or farm records, if applicable
Complete the FAFSA
To complete your FAFSA online, visit: www.fafsa.ed.gov. You must list BOTH the DeVry University and Keller Graduate School of Management School Codes 010727 and G20754.
After completing your FAFSA, print the FAFSA Confirmation Page for your records.
If you have already completed a FAFSA for another school, click on "Make a Correction to a Processed FAFSA" and add both school codes 010727 and G20754
Discuss your Personalized Financial Plan
Schedule a meeting with your Student Finance professional to discuss your personalized financial plan.
Execute Your Plan!
Secure Your Loans
To secure your Federal Direct Loans, the U.S. Department of Education requires all borrowers to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note.
- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling online at studentloans.gov Sign-in using your Federal Student Aid PIN. Once there, click on "Complete Entrance Counseling." In the School and Loan Information section, choose Illinois to find Keller Graduate School of Management.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at studentloans.gov Sign-in using your Federal Student Aid PIN. Once there, click on "Complete Master Promissory Note." In the School and Loan Information section, choose Illinois to find Keller Graduate School of Management.
- If you are utilizing a Graduate PLUS loan you will also need to complete an application/credit check authorization, along with Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note, all of which can be completed online at studentloans.gov.
Setup your profile
Login to your online account at my.keller.edu and navigate to "Student Account" to make your selections. Setup your Student Account by choosing "Manage Payment Plan(s)", "Sign up for Direct Deposit", and "Manage Account Authorizations".
If you would like to request additional funding, please contact your local student finance professional.
The Graduate Student Finance Services will contact you if additional documentation is required. Please forward all requested documentation to Graduate Student Finance Services via fax at 888-543-3879.
GET QUICK ANSWERS TO TOP QUESTIONS
What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw?
In accordance with federal regulations, financial aid awards may be reduced based on withdrawal dates. Tuition refunds are calculated independently from financial aid award (or return) calculations. Official course withdrawal requests must be submitted to the appropriate academic administrator or an online student services advisor either in person or in writing. Review the academic catalog for complete information regarding withdrawal policies.
How do I contact the Keller Graduate Student Finance Office?
Keller Student Finance Professionals are available to answer your financial aid questions or concerns. To speak with Keller Student Finance, contact your local campus or center. Online students can call 877-496-9050 to speak with an Online Student Finance Professional.
How often do I need to complete the Master Promissory Note?
The Master Promissory Note MPN is good for ten (10) years in most instances.