Visa and Immigration Requirements for International Students
Most DeVry locations are authorized by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to accept and enroll nonimmigrant students and requires international applicants certain financial and academic documentation prior to considering admission of international applicants and before an I-20 can be issued. Please note the following documentation requirements:
- Certified copies of college transcripts or the equivalent, documenting the required level of prior education must be submitted. Foreign diplomas and supporting transcripts not written in English must be translated into English by a certified translator and will require evaluation by a qualified official or an approved educational credentials evaluation agency.
Learn more about requirements in the Graduate Academic Catalog so you can focus on advancing your career.
- If you wish to secure a sponsor in order to assist with their educational costs, Keller will provide you with an "Explanation of Cost" letter. Request information and a member of our team can help you better understand the requirements.
After the above information is received, your acceptance status is determined. When the above documents are in order, the following must be presented to an immigration officer:
- Letter of acceptance from Keller
- Original proof of financial support (e.g., bank statement or items that may be required by immigration)
- Valid I-20 - obtain from Keller
- Valid passport
Please check with your American embassy and/or consulate for other pertinent Visa and Immigration requirements. For more information about how to prepare for your study within the United States and/or find the American embassy/consulate near you, please visit the US Immigration Support web site.
GET QUICK ANSWERS TO TOP QUESTIONS
How long does the applications process take?
Keller is committed to processing all international applicants in an efficient manner. To increase your likelihood of reaching the time frame outlined below, please submit all required documents to your international admissions advisor in a timely fashion.
|2-5 Weeks||2-5 Weeks||2-5 Weeks|
How do I apply if I will be transferring from another school in the U.S.?
Students who have already entered the United States on an I-20 and who are transferring from another school must have all the necessary documentation up-to-date and ready to submit to their Keller International Admissions Advisor. In addition to the regular requirements and documentation necessary for enrollment at Keller, we will also need a copy of your most recent I-20 and transcripts from the previous school.
When can I start?
Keller has multiple entry points per academic year. See the current academic calendar for details. Contact your international admissions advisor for the start date that works best for you to achieve your educational/career goals. If you have more questions about earning your graduate degree as an international student at Keller, please contact us.