Most DeVry locations are authorized by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to accept and enroll nonimmigrant students and requires international applicants certain financial and academic documentation prior to considering admission of international applicants and before an I-20 can be issued. Please note the following documentation requirements:
- Provide certified copies of acceptable documents demonstrating the required level of prior education. Such documents may include high school transcripts, leaving certificates, scores on approved examinations or college transcripts. Foreign diplomas and supporting foreign transcripts not written in English must be translated into English by a certified translator and may require review by one of the following approved educational credentials evaluation agencies at the applicant's expense:
- A current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- AACRAO International Education Services (formerly AACRAO’s Foreign Educational Credential Service)
- Educated Choices, LLC
- Foreign Credentials Service of America
- A current member of the Association of International Credentials Evaluators (AICE)
Learn more about requirements in the Graduate Academic Catalog so you can focus on advancing your career.
- If you wish to secure a sponsor in order to assist with their educational costs, Keller will provide you with an "Explanation of Cost" letter. Request information and a member of our team can help you better understand the requirements.
After the above information is received, your acceptance status is determined. When the above documents are in order, the following must be presented to an immigration officer:
- Letter of acceptance from Keller
- Original proof of financial support (e.g., bank statement or items that may be required by immigration)
- Valid I-20 - obtain from Keller
- Valid passport
Please check with your American embassy and/or consulate for other pertinent Visa and Immigration requirements. For more information about how to prepare for your study within the United States and/or find the American embassy/consulate near you, please visit the US Immigration Support web site.